Lip Blush | PMU
Lip Blush - Permanent Makeup
Lip tattooing can enhance the beauty of natural lip color, correct asymmetry, and add fullness and definition. With the help of this treatment, it is possible to correct the fading color of lips that is always associated with aging. Results are customized for every client, therefore, you can be sure to achieve the desired effect. Bring in your favorite lipstick or a picture on the day of your appointment! Please check the FAQ page to see if you are a candidate for this procedure.
Before Care :
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY & THOROUGHLY, not following strict protocols can result in a loss of your booking fee..
24 Hours Prior: Avoid Caffeine, Alcohol, Aspirin, Vitamin E Oil, and Waxing your upper lip.
2 Days Prior: Exfoliate your lips with a store bought Lip Scrub or Home made scrub with Honey & Brown Sugar. Once the lips have been exfoliated, keep your lips moisturize until your appointment. If your lips are TOO dry, the service will be refused, and cancelled. Resulting a loss of your booking fee.
Prior to your appointment if you have a HISTORY of Cold Sores or Fever Blister, please visit or ask your primary physician about getting an anti viral or an over the counter Lysine Valtrex or Zovirax. Please speak to a physician on the dosage. You will need to take this every day for 5 days before and after your procedure.
What is the Before Care?
Before your Lip Blush appointment:IMPORTANT: Please read the DISQUALIFICATION CHECKLIST below & POLICIES before making your appointment. If you neglect to do so and show up with any of the conditions below, that makes you an unsuitable client we will refuse service and you will lose your booking fee.
Disqualification Check List (Not Suitable for PMU):
- Anyone under 18 years of age
- Anyone who is pregnant and/or lactating in the last 6 months
- Anyone who is diabetic
- Anyone prone to keloid, undiagnosed rashes/blisters on the treated area, eczema, or psoriasis. Anyone with active skin cancer in the treated area.
- Anyone with TRANSMITTABLE BLOOD CONDITIONS, for example Hepatitis or HIV.
- Anyone who has a heart condition, hemophiliac.
- Anyone with glaucoma and/or taking blood thinning medicines.
- On Accutane (must wait 1 year after last use)
- Anyone currently under or scheduled for radiotherapy or chemotherapy treatment.
- Anyone who is epileptic who has experienced faint spell or seizure.
- a $50 non-refundable Booking Fee is required to secure your appointment. This booking fee goes toward your service total. This booking fee is due at the time of booking. If it has not been received within 24 hours of booking your appointment, it will be canceled and given to the next client or released to the public.
- The remainder of your balance is due on the day of your procedure.
No Booking Fee = NO Appointment.
The following Prices are for Brand New Lip Blush ONLY. (no faded previous work, that’s considered a correction or new lip blush. Please send clear photos of your lips to BeautyFxInk@gmail.com to see if your previous lip tattoo can be worked over.)
- The area will feel a bit sore and will look quite intense. There may be some swelling and minor bruising that only lasts for 1-2 days.
- The next day, the color of the tattoo will darken as scabs begin to form, there may still be some swelling or minor bruising
- The scab will fall off within 3-10 days depending on your skin and the procedure you had done
The day of treatment:
- Fluids will leak from the tattoo to form scabs. You do not want these fluids to sit on your tattoo and form these scabs. You will want to wipe your tattoo every hour with a wet cotton round and pat the area dry to ensure no fluids sit and form scabs. You may ice the skin if it is feeling tender or swollen after the procedure. Wrap an ice pack or a ziplock of ice in a napkin and place on the area for as long as desired.
Do not touch your tattoo with dirty fingers, remember it is an opened and healing wound. An infection could possibly ruin the tattoo.
Don't get your tattoo too wet for too long. It will make the scabs soggy and easier to fall off prematurely. Remember, you want to keep the scabs on for as long as you can, let them fall off naturally.
Moisturize with the recommended or provided ointment. For eyes and eyebrows only put a very sheer layer on at nighttime. For lips, moisturize as often as you like. If your skin is naturally oily let eyeliner and eyebrows heal without any ointment and remember to pat dry throughout the day with a napkin.
Do not sleep on your face to avoid lifting your scabs prematurely and make sure you’re sleeping on a clean pillowcase to avoid infection.
Avoid harsh cleansers, creams, makeup, or any other products on the treated area until all the scabs have naturally fallen off. These things can jeopardize the healing of the tattoo.
Don’t pick, scratch or bite off the scabs. Let the scabs fall off naturally. Picking can cause scarring, loss of pigment, or an infection.
Do not expose your tattoo to UV rays or tanning beds for 4 weeks after the procedure. These things can alter the appearance of your tattoo dramatically.
Do not sweat on the tattoo until all the scabs have come off naturally. Sweat will take the pigment from your tattoo. If you do sweat on them, dab it off immediately.
Do not get any facials, Botox, chemical treatments and microdermabrasion for 4 weeks post appointment date.
- Once the scabs have completely fallen off, you may apply makeup over the area and return back to your normal routine. Note that after the scabs come off your tattoo may have a milky/grey hue to it. This just means that the surface skin is healed but the underneath layers still need time to heal. The complete healing process takes 6 weeks. At 6 weeks the true and final color of the tattoo will show. It is only after 6 weeks that a touchup to the tattoo can be done.
- Please note that your tattoo will be softer and not as crisp when healed.
- Note that results will vary with each individual and are extremely dependent on your skin and how you care for it during healing. It may take more than one session to achieve your desired result.
- It is strongly recommend that you do not use any of the following on your tattoo: Benzoyl Peroxide, Hydrogen Peroxide, Glycolic acid, Apple cider vinegar, Vitamin E and C, and Retinol. these products can lighten or fade your tattoo faster. We also recommend wearing sunscreen as the UV rays will deteriorate the pigment and lighten or fade the tattoo faster as well. Salt water and chlorine can also deteriorate the pigment faster as well. Rinse with water after contact.
- If you are having any laser or facial beauty treatments please inform your technician before procedures that you have a permanent makeup tattoo.
- This treatment does fade after 1-3 years depending on your skin and lifestyle. Touch-ups are necessary to maintain the longevity and overall beauty of your tattoo. If you have oily skin, an iron deficiency, or a very strong immune system, your pigment will not last as long and will not heal as crisp as others.
- Coverup/Correction work may need additional appointments/sessions to have better results as it is possible that the "coverup/correction" tattoo may not completely cover the old one. Note that Khristine only does coverups for eyeliner procedures (No removal at this time)
Copyright © 2017 Beauty Fx Ink - All Rights Reserved.